Guidance on Visa Applications
1. Hajj & Umrah Visas can ONLY be acquired by MOHAU (Ministry of Hajj & Umrah) approved UK Agents
2. Passports should be valid for at least 6 months
3. A Meningitis immunisation certificate must be submitted with the visa application
4. All females must be accompanied by a Mahrem i.e. husband, father, son, uncle, brother or nephew. The accompanying mahram must be at least 17 years old.
5. Hajj/Umrah visas are granted by the Saudi Government free of charge.
6. The approved travel agent (UK) and National Tawafa office (KSA) will have administrative costs in applying for and obtaining a Hajj/Umrah visa.
7. You can view a list of Ministry of Hajj & Umrah approved travel agents for both Hajj and Umrah here.
8. All Non UK passports holders must have permanent residency in the UK.
9. The Ministry would like to emphasize to all pilgrims the importance of having an official written contract, signed by both the Hajj/Umrah organiser and the pilgrim, that clearly states the relationship between the two parties including the rights and duties of each party, the grade of service to be provided, the grade of accommodation arranged in Makkah, Madinah and the holy sites and any other details which the two parties have agreed upon.
Hajj & Umrah visa restrictions for travelling to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia
Pilgrims traveling with Umrah Visa should note the following conditions:• As per Saudi Government Policies, Umrah Visa Holders can Enter or Depart from Jeddah (King Abdulaziz International Airport – KAIA) or Madinah (Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Airport at Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah) airports only.
• Umrah visa holders must have a valid air ticket with confirmed round trip/onward bookings.
• Umrah visa holders are not allowed to use it for Hajj purpose.
Pilgrims traveling with Hajj Visa should note the following conditions:
• As per Saudi Government Policies, HAJJ Visa Holders can Enter or Depart from Jeddah (King Abdulaziz International Airport – KAIA) or Madinah (Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz Airport at Al-Madinah Al-Munawwarah) airports only.
• Hajj visa holders will Enter & Depart from Hajj Terminal (not the regular SV Terminal)
During the official Hajj Period, Muslim Passengers holding Visit or Business visas are not allowed to arrive at Jeddah or Madinah airports. However, they can enter via King Khaled International Airport or King Fahd International Airport.
Non-Muslim passengers holding Visit or Business visas are permitted to travel via any airport in Kingdom of Saudi Arabia during the Hajj Period.
Hajj Passengers will not be accepted for boarding to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia after the last date of entry set by the Ministry of Hajj & Umrah
Source: Embassy of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia – United Kingdom