On this day the pilgrims start to move towards Mina early morning after Fajr. On this day the Ehram is worn (If you are doing Hajj Tammatu-You will wear your Ihram at your hotel) and two Nafal are offered with the intention of Hajj. It is preferred to read Surah Al Kafiroon in first rakat and Surah Al Ikhlas in second rakat. Intend for Hajj after reading the following prayer.
“I intend to perform Hajj; make it easy for me and accept it from me.”
Now is time to start reciting Talbiyah after you have made the intention for performing Hajj:
“Here I am O Allah, (in response to your call), here I am. Here I am. You have no partner, here I am. Verily all praise, grace, and sovereignty belong to you. You have no partner.”
After reaching Mina the pilgrims are bound to offer five prayers in Mina. That means that you have to offer prayers from Duhr to the Fajr prayer of the Dhul Hijja. Try to keep yourself busy in the remembrance of Allah.
Conditions of Ehram
• Men should cover the body in such a way that their belly button is covered but their ankles should be open.
• Men are not allowed to make a knot in the sheet. No thread or rope should be used to tie the sheet.
• Use the ends of the sheet to fold them in such a way that it remains tight. Now use another unstitched cloth on shoulders. The right shoulder should be open.
• Men are not allowed to wear stitched cloth while women can wear stitched clothes. Ladies should cover the head with a scarf.
• Men and women are not allowed to cut or detach the body hair neither they are allowed to cut nails.
• Both men and women are prohibited to use perfumes or scents.
• They should not use soap with fragrance nor should they kohl with perfume nor eat betel leaf containing fragrance.
• Men are prohibited to wear gloves or socks not even shoes. They can wear flip flops slippers from which the upper bone of foot is visible. Ladies can wear shoes or socks.
• Mutual concupiscence discussion between husband and wife is illegal during Ehram.
• Women can wear ornaments and men can wear bags and wrist watches.