Rashid Mogradia (CEO, CBHUK) met with the Head of Consulate Department at the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia Mr Bandar Al-Zaid.
During the meeting, Mr Al-Zaid demonstrated access to the MOFA website and information available to prospective pilgrims.
He further mentioned that a new Non-Adhesive Visa issuance system was in place for Umrah pilgrims and this is set to be replicated for Hajj pilgrims from this year.
- Additional features have been added to facilitate the work of the airlines and individuals.
- Query by barcode – this option allows the airline staff to read the visa number and application number using a barcode reader device
- Query using e-passport readers – this device allows the airline staff to retrieve the visa’s data. (Please note that this page can read with different devices by putting the device on keyboard mode).
- Manual query – the airlines staff can choose from a menu in order to search manually
- Once the agent receives the passports from the embassy they MUST print the visa from the website and attach it to the passport.
Pilgrims can check visa status online by visiting the updated link on the website of the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia in London:
The Consulate was committed to a target to issue visas same day for Business people and Government Officials and within 24hrs for all other visa applicants.
He stressed the importance of booking with Saudi Ministry of Hajj & Umrah Licensed companies and a full list of authorised organisers can be found at http://embassies.mofa.gov.sa/sites/uk/EN/DiplomaticMissionServices/Consulates/ConsulatesServices/Hajj%20And%20Umra%20Services%20e/Pages/default.aspx
Rashid Mogradia said “It was re-assuring to learn that the Royal Embassy of Saudi Arabia are equally concerned with unscrupulous agents operating in the market place. It is imperative that people book with Ministry of Hajj & Umrah Licensed Organisers and those who hold a valid ATOL License. I am also assured from my meeting that the Saudi Authorities are going beyond their remit to serve the Guest of Almighty Allah (God), and we will be working with the Consulate in London to ensure the best provisions are in place for British pilgrims undertaking Hajj this year”.