How is the information collected used?
CBHUK uses the information as explained below unless you have specially notified us.
- We use your personal details to inform you about our services or products as per your request.
- We may also use your information for administrative purposes which include updating you about any changes to our services or policies and creating a profile of your interests and preferences.
- Upon your consent, we may also use your information to send you communications about our welfare work, campaigns, volunteering and fundraising activities.
- We may send you direct mail that we feel may be of interest to you.
- We may on occasion work with 3rd parties to contact our supporters about CBHUK; however the 3rd party would be bound by a confidentiality agreement which would prevent them from using this information for any other purpose.
- We do not sell your details to any third parties. The only exception to this is when you are using our secure online donation pages you are going through to a secure payment provider approved by the banking industry, that is, PayPal.
NB: For online credit/debit card transactions CBHUK enters your financial data directly to the payment service provider (PayPal) and we do not store credit/debit card details nor do we share customer details with any 3rd parties. In this way CBHUK abides by the strict industry-wide credit/debit card security standards (Payment Card Industry and Data Security Standards).
In the case of sensitive personal information, we will ask you to indicate your consent in allowing us to use it.
We use the following methods to get your consent:
- Giving us your permission verbally
- ticking a box; clicking an icon
- Sending an email; submitting a form; or subscribing to a service.
When we seek your consent to using your personal information, we will tell you what we want to use it for and, other than as described in this policy, we won’t use it for any other purpose.