CBHUK – The Council of British Hajjis (Pilgrims) is once again proud to be supporting the Hajj & Umrah Travel Exhibition 2011 at the London Muslim Centre (East London Mosque). Following the huge success of the Hajj Expo at the GPU last year, the Hajj People have organised a platform for reputable ATOL registered companies to exhibit. This is a unique opportunity for those planning on going for Hajj or Umrah to visit. Entry is FREE and is a not for profit event.
Mohsin Tutla the events organiser said “ We have chosen the CBH as our partner as it is an established and well recognised brand and offers the British pilgrims the support they need both in the UK and in Saudi Arabia. The event aims to deliver essential products and services for anyone planning a Hajj & Umrah trip as we will only be showcasing the industry’s leading and reputable suppliers”.
The CBH has long campaigned and worked with the Department of Business and ATOL to bring about governance in the Hajj and Umrah market and urges anyone considering booking a pilgrimage to do so via a reputable ATOL holders for their own piece of mind and in case of flight delays or issues. Yasin Ahmed from the CBH said “We urge all Hajj & Umrah tour operators who are ATOL registered to support this event and help increase consumer confidence for an enjoyable and life defining Hajj & Umrah experience by marketing and exhibiting at the event”.
Hajj & Umrah Travel Vaccination Clinic
The CBH will also be running a series of Hajj & Umrah vaccination clinics. The ACWY (Meningitis) is a mandatory requirement for Hajj and Umrah visa and is being offered with certificates for only £25 to pre‐booked visitors. To book your place, call 0845 833 4145 or visit www.the‐cbh.org.uk . This service is also open to all overseas travellers regardless of whether they are going for the Hajj/Umrah or not.
For visitor information or stall bookings visit http://www.hajjexhibition.com or call 0208 558 1069.
Notes to Editors:
- The Council of British Hajjis (the CBH) is a voluntary organisation working at grass‐roots for the welfare of British Pilgrims. The CBH runs pre‐Hajj & Umrah health and safety advice seminars and ran the country’s first Hajj & Umrah specific travel vaccination clinics and is the first and only UK Hajj and Umrah specific organisation which has partnered with the FCO’s Know Before You go Campaign http://www.fco.gov.uk/travel to bring about key travel tips and advice for all travellers. CBHUK have also raised a national volunteer doctors & healthcare professionals recruitment campaign to support the clinics planned across the UK.
For all media enquiries or for further info contact CBHUK on tel: 0845 833 4145, email: info@the‐cbh.org.uk , www.the‐cbh.org.uk or www.cbhuk.org .
- ACWY vaccinations is in line with the Saudi authorities requirements that all pilgrims or persons from abroad wishing to enter Hajj sites must provide proof of vaccination against meningitis administered a minimum of 10 days prior to arrival and a maximum of three years, with authorities in the country of origin also administering adults and children of two years of age and over the ACYW135 vaccination. The cost of ACWY varies across the country with GP’s charging anything from £35 ‐ £80, discouraging many to take the inoculations and putting themselves and others at risk. The cost and health impact is far greater when pilgrims return back to the UK infected and the costs to the NHS in treating them.
- The Hajj People Ltd are the organisers of the Hajj & Umrah Travel Exhibition 2011. Tel: 0208 558 1069.
- Click Here to downlaod the Event Poster
- Hajj & Umrah Volunteer Recruiment: