CALL US NOW 0845 833 4145
Donate Now

Gift Aid


    I want CBHUK (The Council of British Hajjis (Registered Charity No: 1146323) to treat all donations I have made from the last four tax years to this date and all donations I make from the date of this declaration until I notify you otherwise as Gift Aid donations, which is 25%. I understand to qualify for Gift Aid I am a UK Tax Payer and whatever I pay in income tax or capital gains tax must at least equal the amount CBHUK will reclaim. I understand that other taxes such as VAT and Council Tax do not qualify.



    FAQ About Gift Aid 

    1) How does it work?

    If you donate £100, in the normal way, CBHUK will receive precisely £100. Should you Gift Aid it then CBHUK will receive £125 – in other words increasing the value of your donations by a quarter (25%).

    2) How long does the declaration last for?

    The declaration normally covers past, present and future donations. In respect to the past, this means CBHUK can make a back-claim of four years.

    3) What if I don’t pay, or stop paying, tax?

    We are unfortunately unable to claim Gift Aid on your donation if you do not pay tax. Therefore, if your situation changes in the future, please inform us.

    4) Who can use the Gift Aid scheme?

    Anyone in the UK who has paid or will pay an amount of Income Tax and/or Capital Gains Tax for the tax year (6 April to 5 April) that is at least equal to the amount of tax that all the charities or Community Amateur Sports Clubs (CASCs) that they donate to will reclaim on their gifts for the current tax year can Gift Aid their donation.

    5) How do I sign up for Gift Aid?

    In order for us to claim Gift Aid on your donations you must complete a Gift Aid Declaration. You can either do this when donating (by ticking the relevant box in the standing order form or distributed leaflets), by completing and returning a Gift Aid Declaration form or over the phone.

    You can also fill this form in and send with a cheque or postal order donation.

    6) What if I am a higher-rate taxpayer?

    If you pay tax at a rate of 40% or above, you may be able to claim tax relief for donations you make. For more information, please refer to